The Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women,
Having considered the reports of States parties to the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women,
Noting United Nations General Assembly resolution 42/60 of 30 November 1987,
Recommends that States parties:
1. Establish and/or strengthen effective national machinery, institutions and procedures, at a high level of Government, and with adequate resources, commitment and authority to:
(a) Advise on the impact on women of all government policies;
(b) Monitor the situation of women comprehensively;
(c) Help formulate new policies and effectively carry out strategies and measures to eliminate discrimination;
2. Take appropriate steps to ensure the dissemination of the Convention, the reports of the States parties under article 18 and the reports of the Committee in the language of the States concerned;
3. Seek the assistance of the Secretary-General and the Department of Public Information in providing translations of the Convention and the reports of the Committee;
4. Include in their initial and periodic reports the action taken in respect of this recommendation.
* Contained in document A/43/38.