Violence against women
(Eighth session, 1989) *
The Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women,
Considering that articles 2, 5, 11, 12 and 16 of the Convention require the States parties to act to protect women against violence of any kind occurring within the family, at the workplace or in any other area of social life,
Taking into account Economic and Social Council resolution 1988/27,
Recommends to the States parties that they should include in their periodic reports to the Committee information about:
1. The legislation in force to protect women against the incidence of all kinds of violence in everyday life (including sexual violence, abuses in the family, sexual harassment at the workplace, etc.);
2. Other measures adopted to eradicate this violence;
3. The existence of support services for women who are the victims of aggression or abuses;
4. Statistical data on the incidence of violence of all kinds against women and on women who are the victims of violence.
* Contained in document A/44/38.