|Professional Background ||Main professional activities |
Oct. 99 - Dec. 99
- Assistant Minister for Foreign Affairs for International Cultural Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Egypt.
Sep. 94 - Oct. 99
- Ambassador of Egypt to the Republic of South Africa.
- Ambassador of Egypt to the Republic of Botswana (non-resident).
- Ambassador of Egypt to the Kingdom of Lesotho (non-resident).
Jan. 93 - Sep. 94
- Ambassador of Egypt to the Czech Republic.
- Ambassador of Egypt to the Slovak Republic (non-resident).
Sep. 92 - Dec. 92
- Ambassador of Egypt to the Federation of the Czech and the Slovak Republics.
Oct. 91 - Sep. 92
- Director, The Department of North African Countries, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Egypt.
89 - 92
- Consultant on International Cooperation, The National Council for Childhood and Motherhood, Egypt.
Jul. 89 - Oct. 91
- Deputy Director, The Department of Arab Countries, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Egypt.
Jan. 85 - Jun. 89
- Consul of Egypt to Melbourne, Australia.
Dec. 81 - Jan. 85
- Counselor, The Department of International Economic Relations in Charge of Relations with EU and Arab Countries.
Jan. 79 - Jun. 81
- First Secretary, and then Counselor, The Egyptian Embassy, Budapest.
Sep. 77 - Sep.79
- Member of the Cabinet of the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs.
Sep. 73 - Sep. 77
- Third Secretary promoted to Second then First Secretary, The Egyptian Embassy, Vienna.
- Alternate representative of Egypt to UNIDO.
Jan. 71 - Jun. 73
- Member of the Cabinet of the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Sep. - Dec. 68 & 70
- Served twice as Member of the Egyptian Delegation to the Session of the General Assembly of the United Nations.
Oct. 66 - Sep. 68
- Studied at the Institute for diplomatic and Consular Studies, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Egypt. Graduated Valedictorian.
Other main relevant activities:
- Chaired the official delegation of Egypt to a number of international conferences:
- International Conference for the Information Society and Development, South Africa.
- African Conference on Anti-Personnel Land Mines.
- African Conference on the Declaration of Africa a Nuclear Free Continent, South Africa.
- Summit on Women organized by the International Organization of the Francophone, Luxembourg, Feb. 2000.
- Seminar on Bio-ethics and the Rights of the Child, Monaco, 27 April - 1 May 2000.
- Sessions of the Preparatory Committee of the United Nations General Assembly Special Session on
- Children, New York, 29 May - 1 June 2000, and 11 June - 14 June 2001.
- Egyptian delegation defending Egypt's report to the Committee on the Rights of the Child, Geneva, 15 January 2001.
- Arab Regional Seminar of NGOs Working for Children, Rabat, Morocco, 16-18 February 2001.
- Third World Summit on Media for Children, Greece 24-26 March 2001.
- Arab African Conference on the Prevention of Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children, Rabat, 24-27 October 2001.
- Second World Congress on the Elimination of Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children, Yokohama, Japan, December 2001.
- Egyptian delegation to the Technical advisory Standing Committee on Children, League of Arab States, elected twice as Chair of the Committee.
- Member of the Egyptian delegation to a number of international conferences:
United Nations General Assembly, 1968 - 1970.
- Ministerial Conference of the Non-Aligned Countries Movement, Georgetown, Guyana, August 1972.
- International Parliamentarian Union on the Arab European Inter-parliamentary Dialogue, Lisbon, October 1991.
- DAVOS Seminar, Prague 1993.
- Summit of the Non- Alignment Movement, Durban, South Africa, 1998.
Supervised and participated in the preparation of the following studies:
- National Strategy for the Protection and Rehabilitation of Street Children in Egypt, July 2002.
- National Plan of Action on the Welfare and Development of Childhood and Motherhood, incorporated in the F- ifth Egyptian Five-Year National Plan of Social and Economic Development (2002-2007), March 2002.
- National plan of Action on Girls Education, March 2002.
- Egypt's report to the Secretary General of the United Nations on the Follow-up of the World Summit for Children, November 2000.
- Situation Analysis of the Egyptian Children and Women, 2002.
|Educational Background||- MA International Relations (1971), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA. |
- BSc. Political Science (1965), Cairo University.
- International Law Commission Seminar, Geneva, 1973.
- International Court of Justice Summer Seminar, 1972.
- Salzburg Summer Seminar, Austria, 1990.
- Seminar on Foreign Investments in Egypt, Harvard University, 1978.